Friday, March 22, 2013

Bluebird & Robin

After work today I scurried home as quickly as possible so I could get the car and go out to Fenner for a few hours to enjoy the beautiful sunshine we finally are experiencing.  The place was all aflutter with birds of all shapes and sizes.  I finally saw my first red-winged blackbirds of the season and heard their unique call that tells of warmer weather's nearing arrival.  I also encountered about a half dozen Eastern Bluebirds (Sialia sialis).  They were in the fence row where the lighting was not the best, so I had a tough time getting good photos, but I got a few acceptable shots.  They are so colorful this time of year against the still mostly brown and grey backdrop that winter has left.  I also got a some better shots of a couple robins in the same tree as last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment