Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Study In Motion

I decided to play around a bit the other day at Greenfield Village with my adjustable neutral density filter and tripod to take some longer exposure photos.  The neutral density filter lets me limit the light coming into the lens while not affecting the colors captured in the photo.  With the help of a tripod to keep the camera steady I can dial up the darkness of the filter and lengthen time the shutter is open.  This allows for the blurring of anything moving across the field of view when the shutter is open.  The top photo is of the carousel at Greenfield Village.  The two bottom photographs I captured of the steam engine leaving the station and the platform by the main entrance.  In hindsight, I should have used just a tad bit faster shutter speed on the bottom photos to catch a bit more of the outline of the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment