Monday, August 11, 2014

Momma Deer And Her Fawns

I photographed this mother deer and her fawns at Fenner Nature Center on Saturday.  Initially, I had not planned on stopping, but I realized that I had some extra time on my hands that afternoon and popped in for a short jaunt around the park.  I snapped a few photos, but nothing really sparked my interest until I was nearly out of the woods on my way back to the car.  I heard some rustling in front of me and then I caught a glimpse of one of the fawns.  I slowly approached them as they continued to forage in the brush with utmost disinterest in me.  Most of time, the deer at Fenner, despite having become accustomed to close human proximity, only allow you to get just so close before their instincts take over and they bound away.  These fawns and the mother deer did not seem to care about my nosiness and let me get very close.  They eventually wandered away into some thicker brush, but allowed me to take a number of photos and a bit of video first.  The mother deer kept licking the faces of both of the fawns (see the video below), which provided for some cute photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment