Thursday, October 1, 2015

Early Autumn Colors

Last Sunday was a very overcast day, but it was still a nice enough day to get out after church and capture some photographs.  I ventured up to the Maple River State Game Area that is bisected by US-127 north of St. Johns.  I had hoped to see the bald eagles that frequent the area this time of year.  We had seen one there on our way home from the cabin the day before, so I thought I might see another.  Once I arrived and had been there a while I could see two eagles circling around the flooded area on the other side of US-127.  Given the southbound traffic typical for Sunday afternoons and the circuitous route I would have needed to take to get to that side of the marsh, I decided to keep wandering where I was.  I shot a number of photographs, but the large number of hungry mosquitoes kept harassing me, so I only stayed about an hour.

I popped back down to Lansing and when to Fenner Nature Center for a while.  Again, the overcast skies darkened the landscape and made me have to adjust my camera more than I would have preferred.  Nonetheless, Fenner did not fail me and I captured a number of good pictures there in spite of the poor lighting conditions.

Photographs 1, 5, and 10 were from the Maple River State Game Area.
Photographs 2-4, 6-9, and 11 were from Fenner Nature Center.

1 comment: